From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of m witten
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 5:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: grants for collections

Please reply to list. Thanks.

Morris Witten
Executive Director
Taos Historic Museums

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.
~Lew Wallace

  _____

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:59:43 -0800
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] grants for collections
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi

I work at a historic house museum that is in the process of building a new
visitors center this year.  We are looking to expand our museum's
collections and once the building is complete, the will be proper exhibit
space.

I was wondering if anyone know of a grant that funds acquisition of new
artifacts for up and coming exhibits?  I have thought about looking at the
Amer. Assoc of Museums, National Humanities Council or Museum and Library
Services.  Does any one have any other suggestions?

Anything would be appreciated.

Thank you

Katie Tate

  _____

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/*http:/www.yahoo.com/r/hs>
Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).
Museum-L" (without the quotes).

  _____

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailR-get your
"fix". Check it out. <http://www.msnmobilefix.com/Default.aspx>