Dear JohnnyWyoming:

I too am frustrated at the shoddy manner in which some museums reply to requests for loan items.  This poor service isn't just confined to the way they deal with their colleagues; I also hear complaints from researchers and the press about how difficult it is to work with some museums.  These museums might claim that they are overworked or understaffed but that is just an excuse.  It is an issue of prioritizing customer service.  It is our policy to respond to requests within 48 hours and we still manage to get our other work done (as well as take vacations).

Since I'm in the Denver area, why don't you contact me and I'll see if I have any luck in helping you contact that recalcitrant museum.

Incidentally, when you come to Denver for AAM you won't be able to visit our Museum by light rail but you could sign up for the April 30 "Sunset with Buffalo Bill" event.

Steve Friesen, Director
Buffalo Bill Museum