Jennifer,
we are currently doing both a renovation and new structure and the
costs are running $300-$340/sq ft.   A lot of what you will find price
wise depends upon the finish outs you choose (reclaimed tidewater
cyprus, for example, is more expensive than pine, Marble is more
expensive than....etc.)   New construction can be a cheap as $125/foot
(bare bones) here in Texas or as expensive as you want it to get.
Best of Luck.
Darrell
-------------------------
Darrell Beauchamp
Executive Director
Briscoe Western Art Museum
P.O. Box 90009
San Antonio, TX  78209

210.260.6869 cell
210.832.3206 office
210.832.3219 fax

On Feb 6, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Jennifer Holt wrote:

> For those of you who’ve built additions and/or new museum structures
> in the past five years could you give me an estimate as to what your
> cost per square foot turned out to be?  It doesn’t have to be
> exact.  I’m just looking for ballpark figures.
>
> Also, if you’ve built a conservation lab and/or collection storage
> space recently I’d love to talk with you.
>
> Thank you!
> Jennifer
>
> Jennifer Holt
> Curator
> Will Rogers Memorial Museums
> P.O. Box 157
> 1720 West Will Rogers Boulevard
> Claremore, Oklahoma 74018
> t:  918.343.8124
> f.  918.343.8119
> www.willrogers.com

> Subscriber Information:
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
>  . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands
> by sending a one line e-mail message to
> "help" (without the quotes).
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, and is not to be disseminated outside the University of the Incarnate Word without the consent of the original sender. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you for your compliance.