Hello All!  We are working to digitize our collections.  In the interest of
public research and our mission, (not to mention our ability to help fund
this through grants) I had planned to eventually put these collections
online.  However, my board is determined that we are to never do this as it
will increase museum theft and "people taking our artifacts to sell on
ebay".    Now, we have fairly strong security system in place, but fear is
fear I guess.

If anyone has any data, experience, anecdotes, or research to support or
oppose this, I would greatly appreciate it.   Responses from small museums
that have had positive responses to online collections would also be
helpful.

Thanks!

Heather

Heather Pozun Watson

Director, Fremont Co. Pioneer Museum

307.332.3339

www.fcpm.org

If you are interested in receiving e-newsletters and updates from the
museum, please email  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
with the subject line "Subscribe"