I am gathering information for a report to our board of trustees through a
survey. Our site staff and board are trying to decide whether or not to
continue our foodways programs and/or continue using our site's woodstoves.

I apologize as I have posted the survey below to the MOMCC and ALHFAM
message boards but would like to hear from the house museums and living
history sites who are not subscribed to those boards-especially those with
just a handful of staff or volunteers---who may be more active on this
message board. Any replies to the survey below can be directed to my email
address.

Thanks,

Brent Wielt

Historic Sites Manager

Macon County Conservation District

Decatur, Illinois

Survey

What is the name and location of your living history site?

Do you have any foodways programs?

If yes, briefly what are some of these programs?

If yes, do you use stoves or hearth in the main historic structure, outdoor
firepit, summer kitchen with a stove or hearth or another method (even
noncooking) for these programs?

If you use woodstoves in a historic structure for heating or cooking or
both, how have you managed the local fire code requirements?

How do you heat your buildings for any winter foodways programs or
non-cooking events---hearth, woodstove or modern heating methods?