We provide discount annual memberships to our  new and continuing volunteers ($40 individual discounted to $30; $50 family discounted to $40).  We feel this offer demonstrates our appreciation for their efforts and recognizes the services they provide.  We do not provide free memberships because we want all of our staff, paid or unpaid, to understand that membership is an opportunity to contribute to the future of the organization.

Ann Craig

Assistant Director of Education

Museum of Natural and Cultural History

University of Oregon