I am looking to put together a panel for the MAAM Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, from Oct. 26th to 29th.  I would like to do something about the change in volunteers and volunteer management.  Perhaps a working title is Volunteers: Our Greatest Collection.  Possible description: For many institutions, our existence relies heavily on volunteers. Or time is a precious commodity and institutions have to compete for people’s free time against the many volunteer opportunities available as well as job and family commitments. Or people are retiring later and volunteer populations are getting older and it is getting more difficult to find replacements.
Possible topics to include: retaining volunteers, training, ideas for new volunteer recruitment and thinking outside the box when it comes to the potential volunteer pool.

I am open to suggestions and would love to working with others interested in flushing this out more.  If you would be interested in being part of this, please contact me off the list at
[log in to unmask].  If you know of someone please pass this on.

Thanks in advance.

Katie Witzig
NJ Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial, Project Manager
Seton Hall University, MA Program in Museum Professions, Adjunct Faculty