I haven't used "Holosonic" in particular, but have been amazed time and again by the accuracy of directional speakers. They tend to be expensive, but you should be able to work the dealer to devise a configuration that accommodates your specific needs. I have used them as audio narrative for specific sections side-by-side and even at only a few linear feet apart, there was little to no bleeding.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Leah Fox
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 5:55 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Audio Spotlight

Dear Colleagues,

I am researching different ways to provide audio for a new interpretive video that will be installed in our museum court. Rather than headsets, I'd like to consider an audio spotlight. Specifically, the Audio Spotlight from Holosonic was recommended by our tech consultants. We have used audio domes before in an exhibition and the sound leaked throughout the gallery and was distracting for the visitors and our docents and staff.

Has anyone used the Holosonic Audio Spotlight before? How many people did it accommodate at once? Standing or seated? Did the floor and wall materials impact the sound distribution? What kind of feedback did you get from the visitors?

In addition to sound, we will also have the video captioned.

Thank you,
Leah

Leah Fox
Director of Public Programs