I would appreciate comments, positive or negative on the proposed plan below.  Comments on the feasibility of this idea and why or why not you think it is workable are appreciated.

Seward, Alaska is a small community located 120 miles south of Anchorage on the coast of Resurrection Bay.  I am the director of the community library which is a department of the City of Seward.  We are working on combining the Seward Museum with the Seward Community Library under one roof.  We are planning on constructing a 16,500 square foot building with space for both programs.  We will be combining like services such as administration, programming and share some staff.

The library has 4.5 FTE including one full time person serving as a part time museum aide.  The library currently operates in 7000 square feet, 3500 of which is usable.  The museum is run by volunteers, operates in 3500 square feet with +- 3000 items.  The space is all open, on one floor with no storage or work space.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Patty Linville, library director

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now! ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: