She likely would wear a child's corset, much less boned than an
adult's. Children's clothes had many indicators of them being
children, until they reach about age 16. The clothing was modified
from adult styles but contained indicators of childhood, through
hairstyles, hats, sleeves, collars, skirt length, etc. They may not
be immediately recognizable to the modern eye, but were to the people
of the time.

If you are making a costume, you also must consider her families
status, finances and the occasion in which she is being portrayed.
Clothing, and by extension, underwear, varied greatly based on these factors.

I highly recommend the book Dressed For the Photographer to get an
idea of the real way clothing was worn and looked on actual people
since illustrations of the time are rather exaggerated. There is an
excellent picture on page 400. In the chapter on the 1880's she
states, "A looser bodice form was required for girls, as well, and
tightly fitted, boned garments were not proper until age 16." "When
the extreme bustle was fashionable for women, there was more material
puffed and draped as panniers and puffs for young girls, but in no
case was there a bustle structure per se."

Newer research such as Valerie Steele's book Corset have proven many
of the long held beliefs about the wearing of corsets to be false, so
I would recommend reading it as well as looking for books
specifically on historical children's clothing. The 1880's in
particular had very fast changing fads and silhouettes, Godeys Ladies
Book, Petersens and other magazines of the time can help pinpoint
some of those and would also have children's fashions illustrated as
well. For example, in 1882 the bustle was small, the silhouette was
straight and long and very fitted.