From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Talkov
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Aroma Stations

Greetings to all…

I know that some museums use “aroma stations” to engage visitors’ sense of smell in exhibits.  Does anyone have any suggestions about specific firms or designers that create these types of interactives?  Is there a technical term for these types of exhibits?  I’ve tried to search the web under olfactory emitters and I get a number of hits, but nothing that looks like it would be used in a museum.  I’ll spare you all the details, but I have some “unusual” nineteenth-century odors I’d like to bring to our visitors in an upcoming exhibit.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Regards,

Andrew H. Talkov

Exhibit Coordinator for Virginia's Civil War

Virginia Historical Society

428 N. Boulevard

P.O. Box 7311

Richmond, Virginia 23221-0311

Phone: 804-340-2276

Fax:  804-355-2399

Email:  [log in to unmask]

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: