Apologies for cross-posting. I don't think that I've ever written a standards update relating to ISO image permanence standards for this discussion group. However, I'm announcing that the ISO standard for photographic enclosures has been updated and is now available. Historically, ISO 18902 only dealt with enclosures for dark storage and mounting materials, but the recent update has been expanded to include framing materials and albums. As far as I know, the standard is only available in English and should be available from your home country's national standards body, directly from ISO (as a paper copy or pdf format file) at http://www.iso.org/iso/home.htm or from an accredited dealer such as NSSN http://www.nssn.org/ .

-Doug
Douglas Nishimura
Senior Research Scientist
Image Permanence Institute