We are currently using, but mostly cursing, the cheapest cash register from Staples.  We need really need something better (current system doesn't even have a journal tape), but we aren't ready for for a full POS system.  Is there a happy medium out there, or is the cost  of a higher-end register so high we might as well go for a POS system.

--
Margaret Lyman, Site Manager
Shofuso: Japanese House & Garden