Louisa,

I don't have any specific programs to suggest as our photography demand isn't there yet but have you looked at software used by stock photographers, there are a few packages out there helping professional photographers to market and sell their images.  another suggestion would be to farm out the process to an agency that manages rights and repro for you.  they will take a cut of the profits but free up your workload.

Stephen