The short answer is: it depends. If you are new on the job market then any positive information is helpful. But common sense is critical in deciding what to include and what to exclude. If, for example, you are applying for a job that covers the same subject field as the one you received the grant in, then that bears mention. If it is  a multi-million dollar grant it is always good to mention. If it is a $600 grant then I would not include any specifics as I applied to the NY Met Development office. If the grant is from a local agency it is less valuable than if it is from NEA or NEH. So, use your common sense and don't  "under "or "over" sell your qualifications.

In my own case for example, in the development part of the resume I just state xxx million dollars raised over a certain period. Then, I have a complete listing of all the grants that have been awarded which I present only if the question arises during an interview. I particularly like to focus on unexpected sources  of funds. For example, in one job I wrote a succeful $150,000 grant that was awarded to the museum I was working for from HUD (Human and Urban Development).

Hope this helps. Peace, Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Audrey Langham <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Nov 27, 2007 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Resume Advice

Hello Everyone!

I have a quick question about adding grant writing experience to my resume. I recently learned that a grant I wrote over summer (and the first and only grant I've written) was funded! I'm excited because I really believed in the project, and also because it adds successful fund raising to my resume. So my questions are: Should awarded grants go in a separate section in my resume? Might it be better to just list it under that particular internship? How much information should I give about the grant?

Thanks!

Audrey
========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: <[log in to unmask]>