Does anyone have experience using compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs in a museum setting?  How much heat do they give off?  How about ultraviolet light?  We are a state agency that oversees 27 historic sites including historic houses and other historic buildings as well as visitors’ centers with offices etc.  I hear that CFLs are cost effective, but I have the other questions.

Thanks,

Carol Hunt Chamberlain

Chief, Curation and Collection Management Branch

Division of State Historic Sites & Properties

Mailing Address: 4620 MSC, Raleigh NC 27699-4620

Street Address: 430 N Salisbury St, Raleigh NC 27604

919-733-7862 ext 249    FAX: 919-733-9515

My opinions may not be those of my Agency.  Email to and from me, in  connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the N.C. Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.