Kelli,

I would label it with the catalog number because catalog numbers are supposed to be unique identifiers for individual objects.  Accession numbers work for overall donations.  Therefore, several objects in the collection all may have the same accession number, but only one is going to be associated with a catalog number.  In order for staff and researchers in the future to definitely tell what item they are working with, it has to have a unique number on it, not the accession number which could get it confused with other similar items in the donation.

I hope this helps,

Maria VanVreede
Registrar
National Model Aviation Museum