Hi,
We do "geocaching" here, it doesn't bring in a lot of people on a daily bases but we do get some patrons, what we have found out is that you do need to watch them while they are looking for the box.  We had several patrons touch artifacts and moving things to figure out where the "box" was, we ended up moving it away from the main gallery area.

Deb

Debra Loguda-Summers, Curator
Still National Osteopathic Museum and National Center for Osteopathic History
800 West Jefferson
Kirksville, MO 63501
Phone: 660 626 2359
Fax: 660 626 2984
Toll Free: 1 866 626 ATSU Ext. 2359
www.atsu.edu/museum

The Mission of the Still National Osteopathic Museum is to collect, preserve, and make available artifacts and related materials to communicate the history and philosophy about the osteopathic principles of mind, body and spirit to a global audience.

>>> "Anne M. Nagrant" <[log in to unmask]> 11/8/2007 3:27 PM >>>
Hi Deb and Ann,

There are GPS enthusiasts who go around finding different locations, the
coordinates of which are listed online. At the location there is a kind
of a box, with a logbook inside they can sign. This is called
"geocaching".

If your museum's hours would mesh with when people do this game
(weekends, I imagine), and if you could work out any other issues, this
might be a low-key way to bring in a few more people.

We don't currently do it here, but we might do it in the future. We'd
been approached by one of the people who play this game, and she had
offered to set it up.

-Anne
Troy Museum & Historic Village (Michigan)