Our institution is currently putting together a large SOP (standard operating procedures) binder for the entire museum.  Our museum itself is divided into 5 divisions:  Operations, Education/Outreach, Collections, etc.  The question we have is whether or not to place all of our SOP’s into one binder for everyone to have (from the Museum Director down to the Tour Guides), or to have a general admin binder that discusses time-off, sick pay and then each division have its own binder that pertains to the division.  In other words the Collections staff would have a Collections binder that discusses the Collection Management Policy, loans, that kind of thing.  Do most of your institutions have one big mega binder or separate binders for the specialty areas?  Thanks.

Robin Bauer Kilgo

Registrar, Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum