For a client I am trying to find freestanding display cases that are high enough security to hold museum objects and can be fitted with climate control equipment, yet are demountable and modular so they can be reconfigured and/or relocated periodically (not frequently, though) by their regular maintenance staff or even packed up and moved to storage if not needed.  They seem to be somewhat willing to sacrifice uninterrupted viewing area for this type of flexibility. They would also prefer not to have the kind of case that has to be accessed by entirely removing a panel using suction cups—a hinged panel is better for them.

I have information on two competing products that I think might fit the client’s needs as they have expressed them, but would appreciate product recommendations and caveats from the museum field.  I would rather not mention the products right away because I would like to hear what you all think first.  Please feel free to contact me off-list for confidentiality if you prefer.  Thank you in advance for your information.

Best,

Julia Muney Moore

Public Art Administrator

Blackburn Architects