jerry, and others who have responded:  thanks for your input.  As a
summary, the best thinking of the group tends to be:  use non-profit
software if you can, be audited as often as you can, and use GAAP
accrual vs cash accounting if you want to be one of the big boys.
very helpful.
Darrell Beauchamp, Ed.D.
Executive Director

Briscoe Museum