Is there a simple guide to Data Loggers available?  Either stand alone on the web or from a manufacture. Something like, buy this data logger (or multiples of) with this softwear, place in this manor, maybe with a example spread sheet to record data...

In my case I run a historic house museum.  We know we have temperature and humitdy swings.  We need to document them before we can address the issue.  We tend to get stuck in the trenches and sometimes don't have the support or access to resouces to take the classes to do it right.  A accepted quick guide would help (we follow instructions well)

Randy Hees
Patterson House Museum at Ardenwood Historic Farm
Fremont, California