Oscar -

We've recently installed five touch-screen digital video players in our
museum made by MedeaWiz.

The advantage of a touch-screen digital players is it's free-standing and
self contained (although ours are hooked up to also play on a larger TV screen).
 The disadvantage is they are a one-trick-pony.   They play video -- and they
do it well -- but that's about it.    They *will* display JPG photos, but
there is an annoying, unchangable, default of a five second display time before
the screen moves onto the next image or goes back to the menu.

The MedeaWiz touch-screen can be divided into 4, 6, or 24 sections using
small switches on the back of the player.   The video files are then numbered
(either 1 through 4, 1 through 6, or 1 through 24) to coorospond with the
various touch-sensitive squares.   Touch the fourth little square over, and then
movie 4 plays.

The other nice featire of this player is that all contenct can be created
in-house, saved as a MPG movie file, and saved on a compact flash card.

Let me know if anyone wants to know more -- Always happy to answer questions.

- David -
David Lewis, curator
Aurora Regional Fire Museum
www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org