From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Jay Heuman
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Rate for 'Guest Essayist'

Greetings All:

I hoping those who are willing, realizing the sensitive nature of the
question, would email me directly what rate(s) you pay 'guest essayists'
for brochures/catalogues.  Do you negotiate a flat fee for the essay as
a whole?  Do you pay per word?  Are there other criteria?

Many thanks, sincerely!

Jay Heuman

Curator of Exhibitions

Salt Lake Art Center