Sharie, it doesn't sound harsh or unaccomodating to me at all. We exist
to serve the community at large as museums and historic sites, not as
party sites.  Of course there's a bit of crossover, guests to the event
develop an awareness of the site, some places can offer tours for the
party guests - but the best mission support a function like this offers
is a financial one.

Do you require the wedding party to carry liability insurance? And - do
you allow alcohol on the grounds?

Of course I don't know what the market is like in your area, but I think
$50 is way too cheap. And if you are getting completely booked, your
audience thinks so too.

I looked at your website - you have a beautiful site, with fabulous
grounds. So many of us in this field sell ourselves short - how do we
expect others to see our value if we don't?

Cindy Boyer

Director of Museums and Education

The Landmark Society of Western New York

Rochester, NY

(585) 546-7029 x12

www.landmarksociety.org

The Landmark Society of Western New York

1937-2007  - Serving for 70 years!

Our mission is to discover, protect, and revitalize

the architectural and related cultural heritage

of the Rochester region, and to educate and

inform our community about that heritage.