----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Amy Cooper Cary
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:07 AM
Subject: Archiving Audiovisual Materials: online course

Hello all,

Please pardon the cross postings. I just want to remind you of an opportunity from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee’s School of Information Studies that’s fast approaching.  Our Professional Development Institute is offering a 5 week online course/workshop on Archiving Audiovisual Materials:

Archiving Audiovisual Materials

Program # :M08B5110155143

Instructor:Paul Eisloeffel

Dates:5 weeks starting 11/12/07

Location: Online

Fee:$325.00 Student:$260.00

Description: Vintage sound recordings and moving images – in all their myriad forms – are frequent inhabitants of archival repositories, libraries and museums.  Yet the presence of these machine-dependent documents often confounds the information professional who is more at home with paper-based materials.  This class will introduce you to the world of audiovisual materials, their history and nature, and the archival issues associated with them.

Online registration:
https://www4.uwm.edu/sce/registration/add.cfm?id=22464

If you’re interested, feel free to use the online registration.  For more opportunities through the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee’s Professional Development Institute, please see our website at http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/CE/classes.html

Best regards,

Amy Cooper Cary

Director, Archival Studies Program

School of Information Studies