I would like to hear some of the different ways that list members store loose pieces from artifacts that have become separated from the main artifact. Specifically, I’m wondering about beads that have come loose from a garment. Do you put them in a small zipper bag and keep the bag in the box/drawer with the garment? Keep the bag in the object file? Have a separate box for loose pieces of artifacts that are numbered accordingly? Or do you use a completely different system?

Thanks so much for your input!

Amanda Dyer

Bell County Museum

Amanda Thompson Dyer