I was curious what museums around the country are doing in conjunction with this seven part documentary that starts on PBS on Sept. 23rd.  It was one of Ken’s intentions in creating this work to get others around the country involved in collecting the first hand accounts, artifacts, etc. before the rest of this fast shrinking human resource disappears completely.  For example, He is working with the National Archives on the Veteran’s History Project. I saw him speak at a fundraiser for a local station in Indianapolis last May & the clips he showed were very powerful.  If you are interested what resources & links are available go to www.pbs.org/thewar/

Here at the Boulder History Museum we will be displaying some recently acquired WWII artifacts in our entrance area & are encouraging local veterans to contact Boulder’s oral historian with our Carnegie Library Archives & Research Center.

Sincerely,

Peter Lundskow

Curator of Collections & Conservator

Boulder History Museum