We have been using a heavy, antiquated portable microphone system for our walking tours, or outdoors announcements.  There's got to be something better!

I'm looking for recommendations for a light, portable microphone/speaker system to use in outdoor settings.  It should be easy for a tour guide to carry, work well in different weather conditions (no electrocuted guides, please!) and be effective for a group of about 50 people.

Oh - and it has to be "affordable" - whatever that means. I guess I can't buy the Lexus version of whatever is out there, but I can buy the Hyundai version.

What have you used, or seen used as a tour participant that you thought worked great - or any that you thought were ineffective?

Thanks!

Cindy Boyer

Director of Museums and Education

The Landmark Society of Western New York

Rochester, NY

(585) 546-7029 x12

www.landmarksociety.org

The Landmark Society of Western New York

1937-2007  - Serving for 70 years!

Our mission is to discover, protect, and revitalize

the architectural and related cultural heritage

of the Rochester region, and to educate and

inform our community about that heritage.