If the object is approved and then you send out the Deed of Gift, do you send out two copies of the Deed of Gift or one then make a copy when it gets back and send it back to them?

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jill Chancey
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Transfer of Title

We actually don't ask for a Deed of Gift to be signed until we are certain we want to keep something.  Once the Deed of Gift is signed, then we're stuck with it, or we have to go through a whole return process.  Instead we do a loan form and indicate that the loan is for gift consideration until the next Board meeting.  Once the Board approves a gift, THEN we send out the Deed of Gift (aka transfer of title) for signature.

Jill R. Chancey, PhD
Curator
Lauren Rogers Museum of Art
PO Box 1108
Laurel, MS 39441-1108
www.LRMA.org

Jarod Atkins wrote:

Hello All,

Sorry for such a silly question, but I thought why not ask. Can’t learn if you don’t ask.

Is it okay to have the Board of my museum approve a collection piece if the transfer of title has not been signed? Thank you.

Jarod Atkins, Curator of Collections

Edmond Historical Society

431 S. Boulevard, Edmond, OK 73034

Office:  (405)340-0078

www.edmondhistory.org

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: