  From: Jennifer Harris
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:52 PM
  Subject: Advice for Entry Level Applicants?

  Hello,

  I've recently graduated with a MA in Museum Studies from the George
  Washington University and have been quite actively pursuing a variety
  of entry level positions in museums.

  I'm writing in search of advice or guidance. I have respectable
  internships (registering artifacts at the British Museum, working in
  archives at the Marlborough Gallery, and working as a curatorial
  assistant at Hillwood Mansion), a high GPA, BA in Art History and
  English Writing (with Honors), yet am having very little to no luck
  breaking into the museum world.

  I've been actively looking for months now and do not want to believe
  that it really comes down solely to 'who you know.'

  If anyone has a bit of extra time, I would love to send my letter of interest
  and CV in hopes of receiving any suggestions
  for improvement. I imagine there are other entry level applicants who
  could use the help as well...

  Any words of encouragement, advice, or personal experiences would be
  very, very appreciated.

  With determination and many thanks,

  Jennifer Harris
  GWU Museum Studies Graduate