The suggestion is good, the start is great.  I'm hoping others will come up with creative ways to draw in potential readers.  Audrey's efforts are to be commended.  And the rest of you?  Where are yours?  Don't be shy.

  Here's the rub.  People are not shy about lamenting the state of the museum employment picture.  This is a chance to be proactive and take a risk.  You'd put yourself out there to a stranger when you submit a resume.  Why not come up with a marketing phrase you can try out here on your peers and then, perhaps incorporate it into your resume?

Ron Fellows <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
          Gayle:

  Interesting start.  I suggest that the writer respond to the needs and requirements of the museum - much as one would respond to a grant application.  Use the key words: children, education, and community.

  Hope to see more of these. . .

  Ron Fellows, CM
  Associate Director emeritus

Gayle,

What a fun experiment! I think that these must be first drafts, but I can't spend all day on them. At first I though, "Wow this must be a cover letter Haiku!"

So I wrote one about myself:

  Passion, excellence,
An ability to learn
Strives to give of self
  Here are my 25 words:
I will help your museum foster an involved, active community surrounding and supporting it. Young? Maybe. Naïve? Idealistic? No, I am passionate, creative and organized.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Audrey

========================================================= Important Subscriber Information:   The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).   If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).