Ms. Wilkey

Several years ago I interned over the summer at the Florida Holocaust Museum
in St. Petersburg, FL.  The central object in their permanent exhibit was a
boxcar used to transport people to concentration camps during WWII.  The
boxcar is left open in the center of a multi-story "atrium" with nothing but
railing and space to separate it from visitors.  Visitors can angle
themselves to see inside, but I am pretty sure that they are rarely allowed
inside of the car.  From what I can remember, the museum did quite a bit of
conservation work on the car and might be able to provide you with some
insights from their experience.

I'll do some quick research and pull up some names of people that I know and
would be able to help you a little (the Director I knew is no longer
there).  If you'd like some names, email me off the list and I'll provide
you with some contact info.

Chris