Hi John,
My favorite source for flameless candles is Inspired Lighting
(www.inspiredlighting.com). When we stopped using real candles we
tested several battery-operated and electric varieties; Inspired
Lighting was easily the best we tried. They look great, the cost is
reasonable, and we are still using candles purchased in 2005 (some
still using the same batteries). The tapers flicker very
realistically. They fit some of our candlesticks, but are too small
for others (I wedge them in to keep them stable). The company also
sells "electric candles" specifically for chandeliers.

Elizabeth Simon
Oatlands Historic House & Gardens