In a message dated 7/21/07 6:14:14 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

     this is a recent article about a disabled person denied access to a mall because of a Segway
     http://albuquerque.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/stories/2007/05/28/story5.html?t=printable

     NOTE: It is not yet classified as a "medical
devise."
---------------------------------------
Not classified as a "medical
devise" but it's interesting to read that one disabled used "rode his Segway through the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum last week... testified before Congress and been in the Senate's office building and never had a problem entering these places with his Segway"

I also thought it was interesting to read, "The U.S. Department of Transportation in 2005 directed all transportation agencies in the U.S. to transport people with disabilities when they are using a Segway as a mobility device."  I wonder what exactly this means?  Does allow people to FLY with them?  Take them on Amtrack trains?

On a personal note to Barbara -- I Just wanted to say thank you.  You always find/forward such great stuff --- you're a fantastic asset to this discussion list.

- David -
David Lewis, curator
Aurora Regional Fire Museum
www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org