The New-York Historical Society is offering part-time fall internships in both our museum and library divisions. Interns who are selected to participate in this rewarding yet demanding experience will be awarded a $500 stipend.  Internships can also be done for course credit depending on school requirements.  Participants are required to work 10-12 hours a week for a total of 8-10 weeks. Those interested in applying are encouraged to visit the New-York Historical Society and/or our website at www.nyhistory.org to get a sense of our mission and collections.
Requirements:
 Applicants must be students in either college or graduate school.  Please see individual descriptions for department specific requirements.
Applications were due by Friday, August 24, 2007. To apply:
Send a cover letter indicating which position/department you are interested in working with, a resume, a 5-10 page writing sample (preferably a research paper), and 2 letters of recommendation.  Application materials should be sent to the attention of:
Cherie Fischer
Manager of Internships, Docents and Adult Programs
New York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
or
email applications with "Fall Internship Application" in the subject to
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

 Internships are offered in a variety of departments including:

Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: