Please forgive my previous post addressed to Mr. Carr.  My message was intended for the entire list.

Hello All:

I am in talks about a position related to programming a 100-150 seat multi-use auditorium that is part of a new 81,000 square foot art museum.  The space will seat 100-150 and the seats will be retractable.  The museum and auditorium space is currently under construction and will open next fall.

I am very interested in the opportunity and feel it is a great fit for my experience and education as well as my future goals.  I am wanting to ensure that I am as prepared as possible for the on-going talks and the position itself.  I am looking for any tips, advice, and/or suggestions regarding programming a venue such as this as well as programming in general.

The current mission statement of the museum is as follows:

The Art Museum. . .exhibits, collects, preserves, and interprets significant works of art from cultures throughout the world with a special emphasis on American art and the artistic expressions of this region. Serving the diverse populations of western Virginia and surrounding areas, we are committed to providing excellence in scholarship and creative, artistic activities that encourage self-awareness and enhance meaningful interaction among all in our community.

Any comments or suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you!

Brian Crane