Sheshs Pam -- stop cluttering up the list with reports of me playing "man-on-the-street news reporter" instead of museum curator....   *wink*

The Aurora Regional Fire Museum is an independent non-profit organization but we are very CLOSELY tired to the Aurora Fire Department.  A year or so ago, I was appointed the "official" photographer and historian for the fire department, issued a fire radio, and given the authority to pretty much show up whenever, go wherever, and shoot whatever I deem "historical".  As such I tend respond to most of the major fires or emergencies in town and  document some of the action -- kinda a neat "perk" that comes with the job.   *smile*

Anyway, our local news-beat reporter was late getting on the scene so when he
over-heard me telling some of the firefighters "yea, I felt the ka-boom from my place" he was DELIGHTED to use/exploit me as an (unofficial) eye-witness!    *smile*

It's just after 10pm here.   The power has been restored to most of downtown (including the fire museum) and we're hopeful that phone service will be back up and running by morning.

- David -
David Lewis, curator
Aurora Regional Fire Museum
www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org