Remko, I don't know what you need to say on your signs or how many you
need, but it's pretty easy to make them yourself. If you contact me
offline, I can make some suggestions. I see Barbara Hass's website
offering blanks to print yourself, but it's not hard to make your own.

While I can understand the need to put velvet ropes across your chairs,
in less formal parts of a house museum you can put appropriate objects
on the chairs. We have a piece of knitting on one chair, with the
needles stuck into the ball of yarn. In a young boys' room, we have a
pair of moccasins sitting on another chair. In the workroom, there are
bits of yarn and weaving on some of the benches. People don't sit on
those, and it adds a personal touch. I don't know what your museum is
like, so I don't know if this is an appropriate suggestion.
Best regards,

Anne T. Lane

Collections Manager,

The Charlotte Museum of History