Dear Yasminers,

After several months of intense and exciting work, the nonprofit research
project "Museums in Libya 2.0 <http://lamusediffuse.com/muslibeng.htm>" is
already available on the Internet. Now we are looking forward your feedback
and interaction.

The research team *lamusediffuse* <http://lamusediffuse.com/> proposes the
use of Social Web tools for the inclusion of non-dominant cultural
expressions in the scopes of culture diffusion on the Internet. Accordingly
with this objective, the project "Museums in Libya
2.0"<http://lamusediffuse.com/muslibeng.htm>is focused on two starting
facts, the first is the lack of information about
Libyan museums available in the website of the International Council of
African Museums (AFRICOM
<http://www.africom.museum/museums/libya2.html>)
**<http://www.africom.museum/museums/libya2.html>and
the second is the apparent lack of museum websites in this country. As a
consequence of this, the objective of our project has been overcoming both
realities through the following actions,

   - Overcoming the gaps of Web 1.0 by using a methodology based on Web
   2.0 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2>**<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2>tools
as a flexible, interactive and participative alternative option of
   information exchange,
   - Proving Social Web academic usefulness and its tools as a valid and
   effective research tool,
   - Palliating the lack of contents on Libyan museums on AFRICOM
   <http://www.africom.museum/museums/libya2.html>website by compiling,
   contrasting and structuring the information available on the Internet about
   the subject,
   - Elaborating a reference map where gathering and locating the museums
   of Libya,
   - Raising awareness about the online institutional forgetfulness
   situation of Libyan Museums at the present time in comparison with others in
   the rest of the world,
   - Creating a methodological model for small museums and museums of
   developing countries or under conflict situations, reasonable in economic
   and maintenance terms,
   - Encouraging museum professionals to Web 2.0 tools use as an
   economic, simple and effective solution to overcome any lack of computer
   science personnel or tools and digital technology,
   - Emphasizing the importance and role of the Jamahiriya Museum of
   Tripoli and improving its online visibility for both international and local
   audiences,
   - Finally, creating a reference document on the Libyan museums that
   will be published under a Creative Commons license of attribution and for
   noncommercial use,

You can find more details about this project on
lamusediffuse<http://lamusediffuse.com/muslibeng.htm>'s
website.

From now on you can enjoy the wonderful Libyan museums strolling through the
interactive map<http://www.lamusediffuse.com/libyanmuseums/maps/libyagm.htm>,
where you will find information on each museum provided by our collaborators
and Social Web users. Do not forget also consulting our wiki
<http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/museums_in_libya/museums_in_libya>and updating
it with new data. Besides, you can collaborate sharing your photos of Libyan
museums including them in our group in Flickr,
e-artcasting<http://www.flickr.com/groups/e-artcasting/>
.

Finally, you can check the presentation
<http://www.slideshare.net/lamusediffuse/museos-en-libia>we have made to
present the project on next July 11 at the Medialab
<http://www.medialabmadrid.es/>of Madrid (Spain,) within the Inclusiva.net
encounter: New Art Dynamics in Web 2 mode.
<http://www.inclusiva-net.org/>In the meanwhile, you can consult the
references of the project in
lamusediffuse's del.icio.us <http://del.icio.us/lamusediffuse/libya>account.

We hope meeting some of you there!