From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">HHSDIRECTOR
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 6:36 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] acknowledging financial sponsorship

I’m looking for advice on how to acknowledge promised financial sponsorships for events and programs. One of our board members was verbally promised $500 for an event but have no documentation. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I’d be interested in learning how other institutions handle promised donations of this sort. Do you send out a pre-formatted sponsorship form with a letter of acknowledgement?

Thanks for any insights.

--suzanne

Suzanne Buchanan, Director

Hingham Historical Society