I would be interested in writing to you off line to "learn" more of your thinking, and receive answers to my questions.
Thanks.

John
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pamela Silvestri<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Word Game Creation

  I choose not to answer your question as this has been a long and continuing, personal journey. But I will respond to some of what you write here -because you have little understanding of evolutionary theory and well, I...though only having had taken introductory courses in human evolution, am fascinated by it and had done much independent research.

  Again, I find that you are quite stuck with the lineal thinking (which is so common) and unless you choose to expand your way of thinking...it will continue to be difficult for you to understand evolution and many other things too. Well, it was the study of human evolution that assisted me in breaking away from lineal thinking and this opened up a whole new world for me.

  Changes that occur via evolution, though sometimes beneficial (if even for a short time), can also result in other change (s) that may not be beneficial. Evolution should not be always equated with 'advances'...as if a life form is striving to be a perfect being. Of course there are inherent parameters (i.e., growth) for our species -that which vary within particular ranges and with relatively few exceptions. However, a mutation (s) may occur to change that, and as a result another species may arise.

  So I just wanted to mention a few things here about your misconceptions and biases regarding human evolution. And particularly your lineal thinking that makes you believe that evolution means advancement. So I'm not going to respond to my having mentioned 'primitive traits'. Not all differences and 'tastes' among human populations are those which would be considered primitive traits, and that's about all I have to say on the subject here.

  Ironically you refer to war as "primitive", yet evidence tells us that throughout time it has been the rise of city-states that precipitated war.

  And when lastly you write here about races and how we hate things that are different from us...this so happens to be one of the main issues that I have with the Creation Museum...is that Adam and Eve are depicted with Caucasian features.

  Pam