Teresa,

We cited the university as our governing authority, not the state. Even
though the state is technically the uber-boss, the degrees of separation
make that largely irrelevant. Any interaction we ever have with the state
is filtered by the university, and my director has no state officials in
her "chain of command".

We noted the president of the university as the head of our governing
authority in section A, then described the details of the relationship in
section C.

Mark Janzen
Registrar/Collections Manager
Edwin A. Ulrich Museum of Art
Martin H. Bush Outdoor Sculpture Collection
Wichita State University
(316)978-5850

             "Burchett-Anderso
             n, Theresa E."
             <[log in to unmask]                                          To
             SU.EDU>                   [log in to unmask]
             Sent by: Museum                                            cc
             discussion list
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             SE.LSOFT.COM>             University Museums and Governing
                                       Authority for Accreditation

             05/17/2007 03:56
             PM

             Please respond to
             Museum discussion
                   list
               SE.LSOFT.COM>

Our museum is filling out the Self Study Questionnaire for subsequent
accreditation for AAM.  The university administration has been in debate
over the last few years about how to list the museum’s governing authority.
Do we say that the university is the governing authority, or do we say the
state is the governing authority?

How do you other university museums do it?

Theresa Burchett-Anderson
Director
Reece Museum
East Tennessee State University