Dear List,

I am writing a proposal for a $5000 Preservation Assistance Grant, and have hit a wall. We want to use the monies to hire a consultant to do a preservation needs assessment, but I can't seem to find anyone to hire! I've contacted both the SAA and the AAM, and haven't gotten any help from them.

We are a small-ish museum, focusing on military history. Our collection is widely varied, and we'd like to have a consultant who has some knowledge of military artifacts. We're located in south Mississippi, and would like to find someone who is based in the southeast to cut down on travel expenses (though we're more interested in their qualifications, of course, and travel expenses become a moot point if we've found the perfect person).

Actual recommendations of consultants are welcome, as are ideas about companies or professional organizations I can contact to help me find someone.

Replies can be sent off-list.

Thank you!

Christy Jones

Archivist/Museum Registrar

MS Armed Forces Museum

Camp Shelby, MS

wondering where i'm living this year? read my blog... http://www.litsavant.blogspot.com

"I'm not broke, but you can see the cracks--You can make me perfect again."
-All Because of You, U2

The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: