Hello Museum-L colleagues,
Below is information on an interesting scholarship opportunity to attend the annual Preservation Conference of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.  This year, the conference will be held in St Paul, Minnesota from October 2 - 6, 2007.  Information on the conference can be found here: http://www.nthpconference.org/

Please visit the scholarship website, or reply directly to my coworker Jeffrey Harris, if you would like to know more about this scholarship.  Thank you!
Terri

Terri Anderson | John and Neville Bryan Director of Museum Collections
National Trust for Historic Preservation | 1785 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC  20036
Phone 202-588-6154 | Fax 202-588-6232  | [log in to unmask]

Dear Preservation Partner,

My name is Jeffrey A. Harris, and I am the Director for Diversity at the National Trust for Historic Preservation.  I am writing to provide you with information about an exciting National Trust program:  the Diversity Scholarship Program.

The goal of the Diversity Scholarship Program, which was established in 1992, is to increase the diversity of participants at the National Preservation Conference particularly, and the preservation movement generally.  The program currently provides financial assistance to approximately 60 community leaders/students from diverse backgrounds to attend the National Preservation Conference.  Through presentations, interactive and field sessions, participants learn the necessary tools to strengthen their commitment to preserving historic places and revitalizing communities.

Our webpage for the scholarship is as follows:  http://www.nationaltrust.org/scholarships/diversity_scholarship.html.  The deadline for completed applications is Friday, June 1, 2007.

Regards,

Jeffrey A. Harris
Director for Diversity
National Trust for Historic Preservation
Washington, DC 20036
202.588.6027, 202.588.6144 (fax)