Hi Lee,
We put up a plexi-glass barrier for one room at the Eudora Welty House
here in Jackson, MS.  I found a local company to do it. Nationwide
Plastics, Inc. Their home office is in Dallas with offices all over, so
they might have one in your area, too.  Any sort of plastics and visual
display companies could help you. You might want to remember to have
felt put on the bottom, so it will slide over hardwood floors without
scratching.  Also plexi-glass comes in different thicknesses and can
become heavy. Hope this helps.
Sally Spencer
Special Projects Officer
Museum Division, MDAH