Dear List,

My director just called and told me I had an unexpected 6-7 thousand dollars to purchase needed equipment and supplies. I am primarily the archivist, but because we don't have an objects curator, I end up taking care of all of those duties as well.

I'd like part of the money to go towards setting up an area with a backdrop, camera stand/tripod, and the proper kind of lighting so we can make digital pics of our artifacts, but I don't know where to start. We have a pretty good digital camera alreadybut can't change the lenses or anything.

I've looked at camera stands, but I don't think it will work because we have a number of larger artifacts that wouldn't fit in the photo area.

Any suggestions will be welcome. Replies can be sent off list.

Thank you!

Christy Jones

Archivist

MS Armed Forces Museum