From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Aaron Micallef
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 5:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Boats As Part of A Collection - Policies For Boating

Does anyone have any policies they are willing to share as it applies to operating boats that are part of a collection?  One of our boats is maintained almost exlusively by volunteers, and occasionally they are asked to take donors or other volunteers out for a short sail.  We are seperately checking with the insurance company on this, but I am wondering what others may have used from a collections management perspective.  Feel free to contact me directly, or post for all to see.  Thanks in advance.

Aaron Micallef
Curator and Collections Manager
Santa Barbara Maritime Museum
805 962 8404 ext. 104