Dear Fellow Listers:

We are looking for an interactive computer program that includes a world map that will work on a touch screen.  When the patron touches the country they are from there will be another level of specificity.  In the case of the US that specificity would extend to the states.  Once the most specific region is displayed the patron clicks to use the keyboard to complete basic guest book type information.  Name, where they're from, how many in party etc.  There is space to leave a short message.  The information entered is searchable by museum staff and by future visitors.  For example, an Italian visitor could see how many people from Italy have come, or members of a group could leave messages for each other, such as "was here at 2:00 see you in St. Louis at 7:00"  So far we cannot find an existing software that does this.  Our lowest bid  to do a custom software was just under $10,000.  Thanks!

Susan English

Executive Director

Joliet Area Historical Museum

204 N. Ottawa St.