Hi Emily and everyone else,

I have a Master’s in history and taught at a state university for 7 years. I have been in museum education for four years. My first job required an MA and paid $10 an hour. I now make a little more, but far less than an education major fresh out of college teaching at the primary or secondary level.

I would check every possible jobs list (aam, aaslh, global museum, museum-l, merc, and state and local museums associations) every day. Be prepared to take an entry level job and work up. And…for the most part…be prepared to make far less than your talents, degrees, and experience warrant.

And

GOOD LUCK!

Morris Witten

Curator of Education